My image has got through to the second round of judging – second year on the trot so finger’s crossed I get through Stage 2!
I picked up this little beauty in a charity shop for £18 & I’m going to test out painting the fabric (yes, paint!) with Annie Sloan’s chalk paint in the emperor’s silk colour and then I’ll wax it. I haven’t decided on the colour of the legs yet, but I am thinking a lovely black gloss.
If the fabric painting doesn’t work out (my blind is still looking a bit worse for wear!), I’ll go back to the drawing board and upholster it the old fashioned way.
Our six month exhibition at Bridge Lounge officially starts on the 29th July until the end of the year.
Don’t miss the chance to see the work of 11 of the globe’s hottest photographers:
Mark A Paulda
Mark Heathcote (Best in Show London Photo Festival May 2014)
Stuart Cashmore (Royal Academy Summer Show exhibitor 2014)
I stumbled upon this whilst researching something else and I was pretty damn impressed with the results and not one to shy away from a challenge, I decided to redo the top of the chest of drawers in my hallway.
I cut the tin foil (watch out for the sharp edges & the fact that the foil can rip even if you look at it the wrong way) and attached to the top with modge podge – one coat was enough and I experimented with a roller but to be honest, I think using your hand to smooth the lumps and bumps is more more effective. I wasn’t looking for a totally smooth effect, so I have not been too strict about this but the foil marks quite easily with your paw prints, so I would use cotton gloves when smoothing it out to avoid this next time!
Apply two coats of modge podge on top of the foil and wait for them to dry.
From my research, the next step is to apply something called ‘metallic glaze’ which seems to be readily available in the States but not here and I did read that black acrylic paint will also work.
I also ran a Patterned Flower Roller over the tin foil before I applied the first coat of modge podge to add an additional pattern to the foil but it’s not very visible at the moment and may come out once I’ve applied either the metallic glaze or acrylic paint.
I am going to wait for the modge podge to completely dry and then tackle the next step sometime this week, so watch this space!!
p.s. the modge podge wasn’t completely dry when I took this image.